Pages

Friday, July 30, 2010

required reading

I love how much Eleanor loves her books. We brought many with us, bought a few from bookstores here, and my parents (via Tim's parents' suitcases) delivered numerous others. There are three shelves in our living room on which her books sit- at just the right height for her to carefully choose the ones she wants to read each day (usually starting around 6 am). I thought I'd give you a taste of her required reading.
-kjd

Bookshelves, early morning.

Two recent favorites:

  
Colors. in particular Green and Purple (see video sidebar, "Reading" as proof).



Books with moving parts
(the little lion is a finger puppet, who also gets kissed fairly regularly).


And a reminder of home.

4 comments:

  1. Just got caught up on the posting, I have been so absorbed in work. The video is so telling of how much she is getting out of her books. I think i still have Go Do Go memorized from when you were kids. Miss you all lots. I am counting down. Love Mama D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eli has a little lamb book just like your little lion book, and the little lamb ALSO gets kissed very frequently. So much that I get jealous sometimes. I love their parallel development in separate continents!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Katie- There is something really reassuring about that, isn't there? That a little lamb (or lion) can elicit the same reaction. I can't wait to meet him again.

    Mom- No doubt you still have that book memorized. I think I will never loose the ability to recite some of Eleanor's favorites, including now Quick as a Cricket which I have been known to have to read to her at least 4 times in a row!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How cool! I love ALL those books too, Eleanor! You've got good taste, young lady, good taste. Once you're "back home" G'ma and I will try to give mom a break from reading detail! (Nice work though K&T . . . building a love of books; who'd have thought it might come from the two of you? HA!)
    G'pa D.

    ReplyDelete