Pages

Friday, August 20, 2010

like mother like daughter

This afternoon while outside with Eleanor in the yard I blew a snot rocket. Very ladylike, I know. I have been congested for going on 3 months now and most of the time I just can't be bothered to find something to blow my nose into.

Eleanor witnessed this event, and was fascinated by it. I mean FASCINATED. She excitedly pointed to what was in my nose just moments earlier, and did not relent until I told her (several times) "Yes, that's mom's snot. Yes. There it is." Suddenly she stopped pointing, paused a beat, and then gently bent over the same spot I did and blew a little bit of air out of her nose. She did this several more times over the next hour- randomly stopping to lean forward and blow air out her nose. Just like mom.

The day we learned we were having a girl (I will never forget) Tim and I strolled across campus, hand in hand, excited at the news and he moved a little closer and said "You know, she's going to look to you for what it means to be a woman."

Here's to hoping that she picks up a few more feminine traits/ideas from me too.
-kjd

3 comments:

  1. I know you're proud of your rocketing abilities. Just like with your lugey hocking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lots of bodily functions being considered here, I'll not add to the list! (Too funny!) G'pa D.

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is my favorite post. i swear.

    ReplyDelete