Pages

Monday, January 18, 2010

You're eating that?

Since my first (desperate?) post about our options for grocery shopping, we have found our way to some pretty good food. Still I find myself eating things that would not touch my lips at home: yesterday afternoon I ate a handful of Salt 'n Vinegar Pringles and some Oreo cookies.

"Yeah, so? What's the big deal?" you ask.

It's just that these are foods I would not typically eat. Not because there's something inherently wrong with them (although I don't tend to eat a lot of processed foods at home), there are just SO MANY other foods I would rather have than those. It seems that here, however (as was the case throughout our travels in South America), when hunger strikes I'll eat anything in sight.

At least I've also realized that you don't need a Kitchen Aid mixer, food processor, submersion blender, or All Clad cookware to make a decent, healthy meal. Last night: pasta salad with broccoli, green beans, roasted butternut squash and parsnips, diced onions, and a lemon-herb dressing.

Yeah, I'm eating that.
-kjd


3 comments:

  1. Mmm. Good. (All of it actually, even the Oreo cookie! But especially the dinner.) Wish I could stop over for left overs! Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tim -

    How does the cereal aisle look down there? Any thing new I need to know about?

    Keep the flag flying,

    A.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Alan, you have no idea. Cereal here is awesome. I mean, it must be when it costs almost $8.00. Yes, Frosties are just 10,000 Tsh: roughly $7.50. You can bet Tim's still eating them though.
    -kjd

    ReplyDelete