Pages

Thursday, March 25, 2010

What color is the orange?

Eleanor and I have been working on colors lately:

"Do you want to pick an orange flower, Eleanor?"

"Look at that green coffee bean you just pulled off the bush."
"Where is the dog's yellow tennis ball?"

She doesn't repeat the colors back to me, but I figure it's good to keep those neurons firing. The other day I was going to use our fruit bowl to help her explore the color wheel, but soon realized that wouldn't be much fun. Can you pick out which is the the orange, lemon, and lime?

2 comments:

  1. Such a good mama . . . always teaching! I think the fruit bowl DOES allow for a great lesson in TEXTURE, however! Grandpa D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah! I so remember doing that with each one of you. There is never a time that is not a teachable moment. We just get more clever on how to disguise the lesson. Some of the most valuable where when your Dad and I would talk about something as we were in the car and you all were listening to our thoughts and opinions. I love all the teaching that you are doing now. I do miss those times. MOM

    ReplyDelete