Pages

Saturday, February 20, 2010

The soup of the day is bread

There are many days where I find myself unable to pull together a real meal for Tim and I before 8 pm, so getting one together by the time Eleanor needs dinner is usually out of the question. Occasionally I've been able to pull leftovers from the fridge (i.e. Kelley's rice and lentil soup), but more often than not her meal consists of something newly mashed (parsnips), or newly cooked (butternut squash), or newly peeled (bananas and apples).

Most recently, however, she's discovered bread. While it's no Weaver St. or Gugelupf, Chocolate Temptations makes a decent "whole meal" bread, to which Eleanor has taken quite a liking. I don't even mind the cleanup.
-kjd

   

4 comments:

  1. That's great she's making it so easy on you. And I loved the AD shout out. I just spent about half an hour Friday night repeating lines from it with sone kids , the hands down favorite was,

    Lucille: how am I ever going to get someone to go into that dusty old clap trap?
    Michael: (after a long pause) ... Oh, yes, the cabin...

    Second favorite,

    boy Michael: byeee girl michael.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Puddles are in her future!

    Grammy B

    ReplyDelete
  3. sorry wrong post sight...my bad

    Terry

    ReplyDelete