Pages

Saturday, September 18, 2010

It might not be pretty

It's dry here. Very dry. There are parts of one's body that are especially susceptible to such dryness, and mine have not escaped this fate. The weather has been especially unkind to my feet, which have become particularly thirsty. Several weeks ago Tim and I had another movie night -- Ocean's Eleven. In the film Bernie Mac's character comments that the way to really soften your hands is to slather them in lotion and then wear gloves to bed. This got me thinking...

It might not be pretty, but my feet are thanking me.
-kjd


2 comments:

  1. This is WAY too funny and coincidental! Last night I was lamenting how dry my feet are and so after scrubbing the majimoto dust off of them, I slathered them in Vaseline and slept with cotton socks on. And I still had the socks on when you came over today, hence the sock with flip flop look.

    I realize that I could have just told you this in a text or gchat. And that the state of my feet are of no interest to your readers. But I feel its important that your readers know just what an epidemic this dryness is! No one is spared! Send an American pedicure salon with the big massage chairs STAT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too funny, Rebecca! I did like the socks with flip-flop look. Thanks for sharing.
    -kjd

    ReplyDelete