Pages

Friday, September 3, 2010

proud mama, "keep on rollin'."

I know that one of the worst things you can do for your child (and probably, therefore, yourself) is to fill them with ideas about what you think they should be when they grow up. I recently heard a comic relating the story of telling his mother that he wanted to be a comedian, "That sounds like you said lawyer?" she replied.

So, while I know that I shouldn't hold out hope that Eleanor is going to become a famous pastry chef and teach me a thing or two in the kitchen, seeing her handle a rolling rolling pin for the first time (like a pro, I tell you) certainly made my heart swell with pride.

Today, playdough. Tomorrow, French Culinary Institute?
-kjd


1 comment:

  1. What's that they say about "apples not falling far from the tree?" Lil Chef is building her first recipe book early! G'pa Duffey

    ReplyDelete