Pages

Monday, September 27, 2010

An outside following...wtf?

For almost 10 months now I have been faithfully putting insightful, poignant, imaginative, humorous posts on this blog. By turns they have made you cry with laughter and weep in sadness; you have savored our adventure stories, and marveled at Eleanor's growth. Surely this is not hyperbole (wink, wink).

A friend, also living in Arusha, recently revived her long dormant blog as part of an online writing workshop. For a couple of weeks now, she too has been putting insightful and witty posts on her blog. This afternoon I received the following text from her: "Omg! Someone from a reality show in the US commented on my blog!"

My internal monologue went a little something like this: "I'm sorry...what was that?! Someone that is (a) not related to you or (b) not a really, really good friend commented on your blog? You've only been doing this for like 2 weeks! Wait...WHAT? A reality show?"

In all seriousness, kudos for writing something that someone "out there" wants to read. Her blog is pretty awesome; you should check it out. Especially this post; the "friend" she's going to visit...yeah, that's me.
-kjd

4 comments:

  1. Believe me, I thought it was a joke when I first read it. It must be the cosmic connection I established with Suzanne Wong, the host of House Hunters, years ago when I comment carded her to tell her to stop wearing those mom jeans.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! The comment card rises again. Yet another example of why we should all be comment carding ALL the time. I can't wait to get back home and start comment carding everyone and everything...hey, maybe that could be my new blog. Hmmmmm.....
    -kjd

    ReplyDelete
  3. hello this is katie westreich. we film a reality show in my house called 'eli does impressive things occasionally' and we wanted you to know that we love and savor every word of your blog. keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG! Are you THE Katie Westreich?! I love your show and watch for your updates all the time. Although, I have to say, my favorite episode remains "Eli identifies, with words, all his body parts".
    -kjd

    ReplyDelete