Pages

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

fashionless or fashionable

I know, and will be the first to admit, that I don't have the greatest fashion sense. In fact, I think Tim might tell you that at times it's downright embarrassing (I still wear wide-leg pants, gasp!). I have grown even less interested in what I look like over the last several months as the amount of dirt and dust that gathers on my clothes, within seconds of setting foot outside, makes "dressing" (which is to say putting together an outfit) virtually pointless. Friends, returning from home leave in the states, even brought me some fancy new threads, but I have refused to wear them for fear of permanently ruining them with dirty footprints or sticky fingers.

The same goes for Eleanor's clothes: I don't want to stop her from exploring the world around her, so there are some clothes which I just don't put her in first thing in the morning, when I know she'll be spending hours outside - in the dust. Generally I do the choosing of outfits, and she happily dons whatever I select.

This morning, however, Eleanor chose what she wanted to wear, and given my lack of fashion sense I just can't decide: it is totally fashionless or awesomely fashionable?
-kjd

Eleanor's selected outfit (dots, stripes and florals)...


...and "how to mix patterns" examples from a fashion website.

1 comment:

  1. I'm goin' with fashionABLE! Plus, she made the choice herself--learning to make decisions for herself already! Maybe she can pick out a wardrobe for me? G'pa D>

    ReplyDelete