Pages

Saturday, October 9, 2010

a surprise storm

One of the things I have come to miss about home are afternoon thundershowers. Don't get me wrong, we had our fair share of them back in February and March, but they have all since deserted us. The other day, as I sat at the computer updating figures for a manuscript, Tim sitting next to me working on his project's budget, the gray skies darkened the wind picked up. "What is this?" we wondered out loud. "Could it be?"

And sure enough, within minutes we were greeted by the sounds of rain drops on the window ledge outside. It was a glorious hour of light rain, which was all to short in my opinion.
-kjd

 the wind and the rain, outside.

 heading for cover.

ready for the elements.

1 comment:

  1. Love that face, Eleanor! You look like you're ready to really take on the weather . . . Just wait 'til you're able to experience a snowstorm again! G'pa D.

    ReplyDelete